Material Handler (2nd shift)
Company: Klein Tools
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Location: US-TX-MansfieldAddress: 1250 Heritage PkwyID:
Since 1857 Klein Tools, a family-owned and operated company, has
been designing, developing and manufacturing premium-quality,
professional-grade hand tools. The majority of Klein tools are
manufactured in plants throughout the United States and are the
number one choice among professional electricians and other
As a Material Handler, you will be responsible for performing
functions required to transport manufactured material flow inter
and intraplant including purchased components and outside vendor
operations. Maintain and update various computer and manual systems
to ensure the timely delivery of manufactured product, accurate
count of inventory, and effective utilization of the Kanban
program. Must be highly proficient with computer systems and
qualified to safely operate powered industrial trucks and
- Work safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by following Company
and OSHA safety rules and regulations, understanding machine
safeguards, recognizing and reporting safety hazards, and wearing
- Complete all forklift safety training and perform daily safety
inspections of material handling equipment.
- Transport materials including moving inbound/outbound materials
within production cells, prepare and pack materials for shipping,
prepare bills of lading to route materials, and maintain copies of
all shipping paperwork.
- Maintain data within computer systems including cycle count
inventory and locations of all materials, print production tickets
and job packets, check Bills of Material and verify material move
requirements, and check the status of orders to prepare for weekly
shipments to meet shipping schedule.
- Correspond with outside vendor representatives to rectify
problems, such as damages, shortages, or nonconformance to
specifications, and request the expediting of parts if
- Contact carrier representatives to make arrangements or to
issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Report accurate count of production parts, scrap, and labor
hours by completing required paperwork and/or electronic
- Keep work area in clean and orderly condition, complying with
established 6S standards.
- Participate in various lean manufacturing activities to improve
products, reduce waste, or learn new skills or operations.
- Assist manufacturing team members with material requests and
production reporting as needed.
- Perform special assignments and/or duties as required.
Qualified candidates will hold a High School diploma or GED, and
have at least 1 year of related work experience in a manufacturing
environment (powered industrial truck operation preferred); Basic
math skills; must be able to read, write, speak and understand
basic English.; Ability to use email and Microsoft office;
effective communication skills (ability to communicate with team
members and outside vendors through verbal and written form);
Active learning skills (ability to learn, problem solve, and make
decisions per work instructions and documents); Ideal candidates
will also have the ability to update data and navigate through
material requirements planning software and supply chain software
such as production reporting, inventory location/cycle count
Physical Demand Requirements:
- Sitting, Standing, Walking up to 10 hours per day (can
- Bending/twisting neck, up to 2 hours per day
- Bending/twisting waist, up to 2 hours per day
- Hand movement, up to 10 hours per day (repetitive)
- Arm movement, up to 10 hours per day (repetitive)
- Pushing/pulling weight (assisted), up to 2 hours per day
- Lifting weight, up to 35 lbs. up to 8 hours per day
- Lifting weight, up to 75 lbs. occassionally (assisted team
DISCLAIMER: This position may include exposure to radio frequencies
that may be dangerous to individuals with a pacemaker, consult with
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an
organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your
cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.
Keywords: Klein Tools, Mansfield , Material Handler (2nd shift), Professions , Mansfield, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!