Credit Risk Analyst
Company: Santander Holdings USA Inc
Posted on: September 16, 2020
Description Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Credit Risk Analyst is responsible for providing analysis
support for risk oversight. The Credit Risk Analyst will work
closely with the line of business, to ensure complete, consistent
and accurate capturing and reporting of risk information and
- Provide oversight to the line of business and its risk controls
ensuring consistency and compliance with risk management framework
- Conduct analysis to support the management team in its
independent identification, assessment and challenges related to
risks throughout the credit process by providing management with
critical inputs needed to understand risks and trends.
- Conduct analysis to support ongoing review of models, including
pricing, scorecards and residual risk, allowing for corrective
action prior to systematic increases in risk profile.
- Key risk indicators, and diversification to maximize risk
- Develops competence by performing structured work
- Proactively identify and escalate emerging risks with
- Assist as needed in enterprise wide projects.
- Uses existing processes and procedures to solve routine or
- Receives instruction, guidance and direction from
- Identify and escalate issues and observations as they
- Complete reviews/projects and additional work within specified
timescales and in line with departmental standards
- Ensure that all tasks are carried out with a high degree of
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent combination
of education and experience, required
- Zero (0) - Two(2) years of experience within consumer or
commercial banking risk management
- Understanding of software applications such as SQL, SAS, Excel,
Word, PowerPoint, Access
- Dedication to information integrity, accurate reporting and
- Analytical, technical and problem solving skills, with strong
attention to detail
- Ability to effectively explain to others how to understand and
approach complicated issues
- Strong verbal and written communication, collaboration, and
time management skills
- Ability to adapt to various work environments and project
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with all
levels of personnel
- Strategic and tactical thinker with ability to multitask and
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory and accounting guidance
concerning consumer lending, preferred
- Understanding of credit risk concepts including Probability of
Default (PD), Loss Given Default (LGD), Exposure At Default (EAD)
and vintage effects, preferred
- Experience working within MIS/reporting, portfolio management
and forecasting functions, preferred
- Knowledge of credit risk reporting structures (Extraction,
Transformation and Loading (ETLs), Risk Data Management, Risk Data
Warehouse, data validation models etc.), preferred
- The working conditions described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by
management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to
twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer
screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related
to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
Employer's Rights: This job description does not list all the
duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers
to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon
your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The
employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
This job description is not a contract for employment, and either
you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any
Keywords: Santander Holdings USA Inc, Mansfield , Credit Risk Analyst, Professions , Mansfield, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!