Warehouse Material Handler II
Company: Klein Tools
Posted on: September 12, 2020
Location: US-TX-MansfieldAddress: 501 Easy DriveID:
The Warehouse Material Handler II works under general supervision
of the Department Supervisor to move products throughout the
building from receipt of goods through shipment of customer orders
based on business needs. This position is responsible for moving
and staging products for shipment, loading and unloading trucks
daily, and preparing the dock for incoming trucks.
This is a 2nd shift position Monday-Friday 3:30pm-12:00am
1. Load trucks with outgoing products for shipment by operating a
Forklift or Pallet Jack.
2. Unload trucks with incoming materials and move items to proper
3. Sort and stage pallets in the shipping dock based on daily
shipping schedule, then palletize and wrap them by using the Shrink
Wrapper Machine prior to shipment.
4. Verify the quantity and quality of material received and ensure
bills of lading are correct.
5. Maintain data within warehouse management computer systems
regarding shipping and receiving of packages.
6. Deliver materials to packaging by scanning order ticket, pulling
materials from storage and moving materials to assigned packaging
area by operating a Forklift.
7. Prepare the dock for shipping including opening loading dock
doors, ensuring dock lock is on, chocking tires, setting dock plate
in place, and inspecting trailer.
8. Replenish warehouse stock in assigned area by scanning order
tickets and moving products to the assigned zone by operating a
Pallet Jack, Forklift, or by hand.
9. Pick large quantity orders for Distribution Center customers by
operating RF Scanner to scan order ticket, pick boxes, place them
on pallets, and move pallets by pallet jack or forklift to staging
area in Shipping.
10. May pick customer orders by operating RF Scanner to scan order
tickets, pick product(s) in assigned zone and place them in boxes
on a conveyor system.
11. May pick specialized orders or kits as assigned by operating RF
Scanner to scan order tickets, pick product(s) from various zones
and place them in boxes on a conveyor system or on a pallet.
12. Perform daily safety inspections of material handling
13. Observe all safety guidelines and report safety concerns to
14. Follow Six Sigma lean manufacturing standards to keep work area
clean and safe from hazards.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED with three years of relevant work
experience required. Experience working in a distribution or
manufacturing facility is preferred. Must be able to read, write,
speak and understand basic English. Must possess knowledge in
updating data and navigating through warehouse management systems
and various vendor websites (UPS, Fed Ex, Home Depot, etc.).
Experience with IMI Series (AS400) and Boss is preferred.
Must be able to operate a Class II Order Picker and Class II
Stand-Up Forklift, RF Scanner, and Pallet Jack. Ability to
demonstrate basic math skills (addition, subtraction,
multiplication and division). Ability to demonstrate a high level
of safety awareness. Ability to work independently and with others.
Ability to demonstrate strong attention to detail. Must be able to
effectively communicate with supervisors and co-workers. Ability to
meet established deadlines. Ability to identify issues and see them
through to resolution.
Physical Demand Requirements:
Regularly required to stand, walk, bend, and lift; use hands to
finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands
and arms; The employee is occasionally required to sit, reach above
shoulders, climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl;
talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must lift and/or move
objects up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the
job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
DISCLAIMER: This position may include exposure to radio frequencies
that may be dangerous to individuals with a pacemaker, consult with
Keywords: Klein Tools, Mansfield , Warehouse Material Handler II, Professions , Mansfield, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!