Inventory Control Clerk
Company: Klein Tools
Posted on: August 29, 2020
Location: US-TX-MansfieldAddress: 501 Easy DriveID: 2
The Inventory Control Clerk works under general supervision of the
Picking Supervisor and is responsible for all aspects of the
inspection process of vendor, inter-company, and returned goods, as
well as creating and maintaining all inventory locations in the
1. Investigate discrepancies in picked product or customer
complaints and audit counts of product in storage or stock
locations as necessary to ensure proper inventory.
2. Update records of inventory in storage or stock locations by
updating the warehouse management system when discrepancies are
3. Set-up new and adjust existing storage and stock locations in
the warehouse management system to ensure proper inventory
placement based on height, weight, and dimensions of the
4. Troubleshoot minor RF scanner issues or send to outside vendor
for major repair.
5. Determine product location if bar code cannot be scanned by
researching established locations in the Enterprise Resource
Management (ERP) system.
6. Ensure bar codes from vendors and internal locations are able to
scan and the information matches the item.
7. Ensure all product received from outside vendors and internal
plants meet pallet configuration requirements for height, width,
and pallet size.
8. Read delivery receipts and packing lists to verify quantities
and part numbers received on shipments.
9. Verify quality of product packaging coming in and going out of
the distribution center and relay any damages to the Picking
10. Complete quarterly cycle counts of all inventory by counting
inventory in locations and comparing counts to the warehouse
management system to ensure accuracy of inventory and address any
11. Complete audit of outbound staged pallets to ensure product was
correctly picked prior to shipping.
12. May unload and load freight by operating a Forklift.
13. May need to move product through various departments by
operating a Forklift or Pallet Jack.
14. Inform Picking Supervisor of product non-conformance issues,
such as wrong counts or picks, product damage, shortages, and refer
invoicing issues to appropriate party in order to process customer
credits or charges.
15. Perform daily safety inspections of material handling
16. Observe all safety guidelines and report safety concerns to
17. Follow Six Sigma lean manufacturing standards to keep work area
clean and safe from hazards.
18. Perform all other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED with three years of relevant work
experience required. Associate's Degree preferred. Must be able to
read, write, speak and understand basic English. Must possess
knowledge in updating data and navigating through warehouse
management systems and various vendor websites (UPS, Fed Ex, Home
Depot, etc.). Experience with IMI Series (AS400) and Boss is
Must be able to operate a Class II Order Picker and Class II
Stand-Up Forklift, RF Scanner, and Pallet Jack. Strong math skills
in the areas of addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and
calculator usage. Strong organizational skills. Ability to
demonstrate strong attention to detail. Ability to develop
extensive product knowledge.
Ability to keep track of different on-going issues at any given
time. Ability to effectively communicate with supervisors and
co-workers. Ability to work with minimal supervision and at an
efficient pace so workflow is consistent.
Phsyical Demand Requirements:
Regularly required to stand, sit, walk, bend, and lift; use hands
to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with
hands and arms; The employee is occasionally required to sit, reach
above shoulders, climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or
crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must lift and/or
move objects up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
DISCLAIMER: This position may include exposure to radio frequencies
that may be dangerous to individuals with a pacemaker, consult with
Keywords: Klein Tools, Mansfield , Inventory Control Clerk, Professions , Mansfield, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!