Manufacturing Maintenance Technician
Company: Klein Tools
Posted on: March 14, 2020
Location: US-TX-MansfieldAddress: 501 Easy DriveID:
Since 1857 Klein Tools, a family-owned and operated company, has
been designing, developing and manufacturing premium-quality,
professional-grade hand tools. The majority of Klein tools are
manufactured in plants throughout the United States and are the
number one choice among professional electricians and other
This is a 2nd shift position - Monday - Thursday, 3:30pm to
The Maintenance Team Member will maintain, troubleshoot, repair,
and install equipment that utilizes hydraulics, pneumatics,
robotics, and/or programmable logic controls (PLC's). This position
will minimize machine downtime and unplanned breakdowns by
performing preventive maintenance work, completing repairs in a
timely manner, and implementing maintenance process improvements.
This position will conduct safety inspections on equipment and
comply with all safety rules and regulations while performing work.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Work safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by following Company
and OSHA safety rules and regulations, understanding machine
safeguards, recognizing and reporting safety hazards, and wearing
- Maintenance/repair of manufacturing equipment/processes/systems
(PLCs, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical), including painting,
sheet metal work, welding, etc.; diagnose machine malfunctions,
disassemble, and determine extent of repairs necessary, estimate
labor time, purchase or make repair parts, and conduct, test, and
- Perform preventive maintenance operations including inspecting
drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters,
worn parts, and clean and lubricate machinery.
- Monitor safety standards and complete scheduled inspections for
- Maintenance/repair of building (utility, plumbing, HVAC,
electrical, carpentry, masonry,etc.).
- Assist with installation of capital equipment and electrical
wiring systems in a safe, timely, and competent manner.
- Coordinate and supervise contracted work.
- Implement and maintain the Company's electronic asset
management and maintenance record keeping system.
- Prepare project plans and project status reports, as
- Keep work area in clean and orderly condition, complying with
established 6S standards.
- Participate in various lean manufacturing activities to improve
products, reduce waste, or learn new skills or operations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma and seven (7) years experience with full
working knowledge of mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, PLC's,
electrical wiring, and troubleshooting. Ability to demonstrate
Basic math. Must be able to read, write, speak and understand basic
English. Ability to learn, problem-solve, and make decisions per
work instructions and documents. Ability to communicate and work as
a team member. Ability to weld, fabricate, repair, and install
Physical Demand Requirements:
- Walking, up to 10 hours per day (interruptive)
- Sitting or Standing, up to 10 hours per day (interruptive)
- Bending/twisting neck, up to 2 hours per day
- Bending/twisting waist, up to 2 hours per day
- Hand movement, up to 10 hours per day (repetitive)
- Arm movement, up to 10 hours per day (repetitive)
- Pushing/pulling weight (assisted), up to 2 hours per day
- Lifting weight, up to 35 lbs., up to 2 hours per day
DISCLAIMER: This position may include exposure to radio frequencies
that may be dangerous to individuals with a pacemaker, consult with
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an
organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your
cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.
Keywords: Klein Tools, Mansfield , Manufacturing Maintenance Technician, Professions , Mansfield, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!