Mechanical Engineer - Hybrid
Company: Klein Tools, Inc.
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Mechanical Engineer - Hybrid Mansfield, TX, USA Req #: 1056We
are growing! Klein Tools make great products with the highest of
standards. We value Quality, Customer Obsession, Innovation,
Teamwork and Ownership. These five distinguishing values define our
company's culture and how we operate as an organization. We believe
that these values set our business above others in our industry. At
Klein Tools, you have the opportunity to forge your career with an
iconic brand to drive your future! There has never been a better
time to join Klein Tools! Our Mechanical Engineers follow a hybrid
work-from-home model. Our teams are generally in office 3 days per
week, with 2 days available to work remotely. This is a supporting
role where the individual is responsible for performing engineering
analysis to define design requirements, review suitability of
materials, and feasibility of proposed processes under daily
direction. Requires solid knowledge of engineering fundamentals and
principles with good general understanding of various material
properties. As individual experience grows, the individual may be
responsible for acting as the Project Leader to successfully guide
projects through our phase gate process.
- Prepare and route product documentation including, but not
limited to, detailed drawings, Bill Of Materials (BOM's)
specifications and inspection criteria as directed.
- Carry out proposed routings, BOM's, and cost estimates for
completing the proposed project.
- Fulfill benchmark evaluation of competitive or proposed new
products as well as ongoing product improvements utilizing proposed
processes or material changes.
- Participate as directed in resolving engineering design,
product quality and testing issues.
- Design, develop prototype and test product components,
sub-systems, and fixturing applied principles and techniques of
electrical, mechanical, and/or industrial engineering analysis and
- Write technical reports as directed to document engineering
analysis and findings.
- Prioritize work to align with the goals of the department and
various project teams.
- Review personal progress within projects on a consistent basis
and work to maintain time lines.
- Seek out and demand accurate inputs and produce only quality
work product for downstream customers.
- Be able to adapt and function in an environment of changing
priorities often under tight time constraints.
- Maintain close contact with associated engineering groups and
- Work to minimize any design detail that may cause extra steps
and add cost in the manufacturing process.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or an
Engineering Degree with three (3) years of Mechanical Engineering
experience. Must posses strong technical and analytical skills,
planning and organizational skills, and be capable of facilitating
projects and solutions. CAD experience required (SolidWorks
- Should demonstrate strong communications skills, oral, verbal
and written. This includes basic knowledge using Microsoft Office
to include Excel, Word, and Outlook. Strong team focus and ability
to work with others, both internal and external to the
organization. Physical Demand Requirements Occasionally required to
stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects,
tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs;
balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or
smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up
to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Travel
Requirements 10% (3 days per month)PM19 Klein Tools provides a
competitive compensation and benefits package, including: 401(k)
Company MatchProfit SharingPaid Vacation/HolidaysShared Cost
Medical & DentalFlex SpendingEducation Reimbursement
ProgramEmployee Discount Program Klein Tools is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status. For candidates with
disabilities and needing assistance, please email us at
email@example.com. Other details
- Job Family Engineering
- Job Function Office
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor's Degree PI181361356
Keywords: Klein Tools, Inc., Mansfield , Mechanical Engineer - Hybrid, Other , Mansfield, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!