Senior Systems Engineer
Company: Klein Tools, Inc.
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Senior Systems Engineer Mansfield, TX, USA Req #: 1253We are
growing! Klein Tools make great products with the highest of
standards. We value Quality, Customer Obsession, Innovation,
Teamwork and Ownership. These five distinguishing values define our
company's culture and how we operate as an organization. We believe
that these values set our business above others in our industry. At
Klein Tools, you have the opportunity to forge your career with an
iconic brand to drive your future! There has never been a better
time to join Klein Tools! The Senior Systems Engineer is
responsible for the planning, engineering, and maintaining Klein
Tools' server systems and storage infrastructure. This position
will identify infrastructure needs and make suggestions regarding
technical direction. In addition, this position will implement and
design hardware and software systems, plan and manage projects,
document system processes and guidelines, complete verification
planning and reporting, and test coordination. The Senior Systems
Engineer will also be responsible for monitoring the performance of
server and storage systems and performing any necessary
troubleshooting and/or repairs.
- Provide Microsoft Windows Server product support and
- Setup, administer, and maintain onsite and cloud-based server
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair server hardware.
- Configure hyper-converged and standalone servers.
- Design, document, and coordinate backup and disaster recovery
efforts for server and storage infrastructure.
- Monitor the performance of server and storage systems.
- Manage the administration of virtual environments (i.e. VMware
ESXi/vCenter Server) and cloud-based computer environments (i.e.
- Administer and maintain storage area networks (SANs), network
attached storage (NAS) and direct attached storage.
- Research, recommend, and implement next generation server and
storage system solutions based on technical requirements, price,
- Address user needs and concerns by analyzing, designing, and
implementing system solutions.
- Oversee security patching for server and storage systems to
ensure systems maintain current patch levels and patches are
applied in the least distributive manner.
- Document technical processes and organizational guidelines.
- Perform other duties as required within the nature and level of
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in Information
Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS)
or a related field and five (5) or more years of experience with
Windows Server administration in a virtualized environment and
enterprise class storage environment are required. In addition,
three (3) to five (5) years of experience in managing a virtualized
server infrastructure using VMware ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V or other
enterprise-class virtualization platform is required.
- Strong understanding of cloud-based computing with three to
five years of experience working in a Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web
Services and/or Google Cloud environment. Strong understanding of
Windows networking and Microsoft Active Directory administration.
Knowledge of the following technologies: Microsoft System Center,
DHCP, DNS, backup software (Veeam preferred), group policy
management, Windows file and print services.
- Must have excellent customer service skills. Ability to work
within a team environment. Must be able to multi-task, manage
shifting priorities, and work independently to complete tasks and
meet deadlines. Must have strong technical and analytical skills.
Ability to assess circumstances and effectively make decisions
within the scope of authority. Physical Demand Requirements
Occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger,
handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and
arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or
hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or
move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
focus. PM19 Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and
benefits package, including: 401(k) Company MatchProfit SharingPaid
Vacation/HolidaysShared Cost Medical & DentalFlex SpendingEducation
Reimbursement ProgramEmployee Discount Program Klein Tools is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status. For candidates with
disabilities and needing assistance, please email us at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Other details
- Job Family Information Technology
- Job Function Office
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Travel % 0
- Telecommute % 75
- Required Education Bachelor's Degree PI181427079
Keywords: Klein Tools, Inc., Mansfield , Senior Systems Engineer, Other , Mansfield, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!