Certified Sterile Processing Technician - PRN Days
Company: Adventist Health System
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Certified Sterile Processing Technician - Texas Health
Mansfield- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources
Location: 2300 Lone Star Road; Mansfield, TX
Top Reasons to Work at Texas Health Mansfield; Mansfield, TX
- Join a family of caregivers focused on whole-person health and
committed to making communities healthier.
- Provide wholistic care for patients that extends to the
spiritual level by praying with patients and families. Chaplains
are available to meet with patients, families and team members 24
hours a day, 7 days a week to provide spiritual support.
- Help develop a brand new $150 million community hospital and
medical office building that will provide services such as
Medical/Surgical, ICU, Women's Services, General Surgery,
Orthopedics, Interventional Cardiology and Gastroenterology.
- Grow in your career with AdventHealth, named in 2018 by
Becker's Hospital Review as one of the "150 Top Places to Work in
Healthcare". AdventHealth has partnered with Texas Health
Resources, named in 2019 as one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to
Work For, to build Texas Health Mansfield, which is creating new
opportunities for employment and professional growth.
- Thrive in the Mansfield community, ranked by CNN/Money Magazine
as #17 for "Best Places to Live". Mansfield is one of the fastest
growing areas of North Texas, projected to reach more than 250,000
residents by 2023. Future job growth over the next ten years is
predicted to be 41%, higher than the national average of 33.5%.
Mansfield has top-rated schools, over 900 acres of parkland,
quality housing, a historic downtown area, recreational
opportunities for all ages, and a growing business community.
PRN / Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Meets and maintains all elements of Tech responsibilities /
essential job functions.
- Receives soiled and contaminated instruments or equipment from
surgery/ Anesthesia/ nursing units.
- Appropriately prepares, cleans, and disinfects instruments and
- Inspects all instruments and equipment for damages, malfunction
or unacceptable condition.
- Prepares instruments and equipment for sterilization by
ascertaining correct item and number when applicable.
- Assists with maintaining adequate supply level.
- Maintains cleanliness and proper order in the work area.
- Assists with supply preparation for surgical cases.
- Maintains required records on sterilization.
- Proficient use of all equipment.
- Assures that proper sterilization procedures are
- Assures the effectiveness of the sterilizing process.
- Knowledgeable in the stocking and par levels for the Nursing
- Tracks and recovers equipment and instruments issued to the
- Demonstrates dependability and flexibility in meeting
scheduling needs of the department
What You Will Need:
- Certified Sterile Processing Technician
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Previous sterile processing technician experience
Responsible for decontamination, cleaning, assembly, and
sterilization of supplies and instrumentation utilized throughout
the facility following established national standards and infection
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: Adventist Health System, Mansfield , Certified Sterile Processing Technician - PRN Days, Other , Mansfield, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!