Manager in Training - #294 Mansfield, TX
Company: Academy Sports & Outdoors, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Application Note: If you select to "Sign in with LinkedIn" , you
will be required to also create a candidate home account with
Academy Sports + Outdoors. This feature will only pre-populate
contact information, job history, education, etc. that you have
included on your LinkedIn profile to your Academy Sports + Outdoors
Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace
environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth.
The Manager in Training (MIT) program is a blended-learning,
multi week program focused on immersing a manager in all aspects
involved in managing a multi-million dollar business for the
The MIT must successfully complete the training program to be
moved on into a Manager role.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- At least three years of relevant work experience required.
- Demonstrated success in leading overall departments of up to 40
people to drive operational excellence and sales targets.
- Exceptional supervisory and management skills; ability to
effectively coach department members on store policies, protocols
and expectations; leads by example and effectively drives the
performance of team members.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Effective problem solving and communication with customers and
- Strong business acumen with an understanding of business
implications of decisions, knowledge of market and competition and
an orientation to profitability and established targets.
- Reads, analyzes and interprets general business periodicals,
professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental
- Speaks clearly, positively and persuasively and demonstrates
active listening in a variety of situations with team members,
customers, business partners and the general public.
- Writes reports, business correspondence and procedure
- Effectively presents information and responds to questions from
groups of team members, business partners, customers and the
- Applies common sense understanding and reasoning to make
appropriate, timely decisions.
- Working knowledge of inventory software, order processing
systems, payroll systems and Microsoft Office products such as Word
- Proficiently uses basic mathematical computations and applies
common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written,
oral or diagram form.
- Full-time position averaging 45-50 hours/week.
- Preparation for management responsibility of the entire
- Learning Management responsibility for all departments and
actively participates in understanding personnel decisions of team
members, including, but not limited to, employee selection,
training, discipline, termination and development.
- Responsible for learnings how to oversee and execute all
department expectations including, but not limited to: staffing,
customer service, more options, display audit reports, zone
integrity and recovery standards, display specifications, visual
merchandising & signage, stocking and replenishment standards,
mismate program expectations, and merchandise guidelines.
- Provides departmental direction to the Sales team and learns
daily supervisory practices to ensure that exceptional customer
service is the priority of interaction with customers.
- Learns how to develop and implement strategy for achieving
weekly and monthly operational goals and completing tasks assigned
to the store. This includes the development, analysis and
implementation of the sales, staffing, training, payroll hours and
scheduling of team members.
- Gains understanding of workforce productivity, efficiency and
process improvement projects and initiatives.
- Becomes proficient in holding team members accountable for
compliance with established sales, safety and security practices
and procedures in conjunction with local, state and federal
- Ensures the completion of departmental zoning and adherence to
department, store and Company standards.
- Responsible for supervising the execution of various
assignments as delegated by the Store Director in Playbook.
- Actively participates in floor walks with Regional Vice
President, District Manager, and Store Director and creates an
implementation plan to make changes based on feedback provided in
- Acquires knowledge of auditing firearm sales in compliance with
federal and state law, including properly completing ATF Form 4473
and conducting background checks, and signs off as final
- Required to complete Firearms Sales Certification
- Required to learn, understand and enforce company policies,
procedures and safety rules.
- Adheres to company work hours, policies, procedures and rules
applicable to management-level employees.
- Duties may change and may be required to perform other duties
Physical Requirements & Attendance
- Regularly required to talk or hear; frequently required to
stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach
with hands and arms.
- Occasionally climb or balance, or stoop, kneel, crouch and
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently
lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this role include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate with regard to employment opportunities or practices
on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, age,
disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other
category protected by law.
Keywords: Academy Sports & Outdoors, Inc., Mansfield , Manager in Training - #294 Mansfield, TX, Other , Mansfield, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!