Project Manager - IS
Company: Mouser Electronics
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The IS Project Manager is accountable for planning, tracking and
leading the project management functions of assigned IS projects
throughout all phases of the Scrum and/or SDLC process. They act as
servant leaders for one or more projects by helping them understand
requirements and practices, while delivering quality infrastructure
projects. Responsible for the overall progress of their projects as
well as their assigned project teams.
- Acts as a working leader by guiding and mentoring the team on a
- Assesses the project's needs and requirements by conferring
with relevant resources, including IS Management. Assesses,
establishes and recommends work priorities by determining resource
and time requirements.
- Prepares and maintains documents such as requirements
specifications, detail level project plan, project priority lists,
software test case documents and timelines by use of appropriate
methods (i.e. Flowcharts, Word documents, Excel documents, Project
Planning Software, etc.). Improves procedures by writing project
reports and documentation for new or existing program application
- Assists team members by developing project plans using
collaborative methods. This would include reviewing current user
processes and application functionality, and verifying team members
understand the requirements and scope of the project. Ensures that
team members understand the user needs and the project's impact on
the company and the system.
- Ensures control over change management activities. Oversees and
regularly reviews projects to ensure timely completion and that
project objectives are met. Ensures management and all stakeholders
are informed of current issues by providing periodic updates of
- Satisfies user requirements to improve performance and
productivity by evaluating and recommending systems solutions
(including third party software packages, if appropriate). Provides
resolutions to problems by taking the initiative to use all
available resources for research and corrective action.
- Provides regular support to Tech Services' team, developers,
business analysts / product owners, IS leadership and company
staff. Ensures competent Programmer/Analysts staff by providing
guidance and support or by making recommendations for improvements
to the Software Development Manager.
- Motivates and leads project team members. Measures performance
and quality of tasks performed throughout the year.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with internal
and external contacts. Presents complex topics effectively to
senior management and business contacts. Supports and participates
in company's total quality process. Works with minimum supervision
and makes good independent judgments.
- Coaches and mentors all team members on Scrum principles and
best practices to achieve Sprint goals.
- Promotes an environment of transparency and respect, providing
a foundation for building a self-organizing, high-performing team
where individuals can realize their full potential. Resolve
conflicts and issues that occur
- Tracks and removes impediments impacting the team and shields
the team from outside distractions and interferences.
- Works with Product Owners to help them maintain a quality
Product Backlog, ensuring the Scrum teams have well-defined backlog
items ready for grooming and planning.
- Generates performance metrics for the team (i.e. timelines,
roadmaps, burndowns, velocity, capacity, etc.) and ensures the
information is available to the rest of the organization.
- Schedules and facilitates Scrum ceremonies and/or project
meetings as needed.
- Tracks and reports on status of the project and team
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Computer
- At least 3 years project management experience required.
- Infrastructure experience required
- At least 2 years scrum master experience preferred.
- Scrum Master Certification strongly preferred
- Possess or actively pursuing PMI PMP
- Decisive Judgment
- Adapting to Change
- Planning & Organizing
- Delivering Results
- Policies, Processes & Procedures
- Customer Service
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Interpersonal Communication
- Functional Acumen
- Transparent Communication
- Applied knowledge of Project Management Tools and
- Working knowledge of Software Development Methodologies and
- Solid experience working with offshore teams
- Possesses a high degree of initiative.
- Detailed and thorough in work habits with multi-tasking
- Strong ability to work in teams with a collaborative
- Ability to set and track goals.
- PC experience in a Microsoft Windows environment, proficient
with internet e-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
and other software. Ability to use, read, and interpret
spreadsheets, printed reports, and terminal screen. Ability to type
data and use PC for long periods of time.
- Exhibits strong analytical, problem solving, negotiation,
organizational, planning and teaching skills.
- Interacts effectively with individuals and groups inside and
outside the organization.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication and telephone
etiquette. Able to communicate with people at all levels.
- Available to work early, late and weekends when needed to
fulfill assigned responsibilities.
This is a summary of the primary accountabilities and
requirements for this position. The company reserves the right to
modify or amend accountabilities and requirements at anytime at its
sole discretion based on business needs. Any part of this job
description is subject to possible modification to reasonably
accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: Mouser Electronics, Mansfield , Project Manager - IS, Other , Mansfield, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!