Warranty and Returns Lead
Company: Klein Tools
Posted on: February 15, 2021
Location: US-TX-MansfieldAddress: 501 Easy DriveID:
Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs
of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard
of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry.
We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The
Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for an Warranty and Return Inspector to be
located in our Mansfield, TX Facility
The Warranty and Return Inspector works under general supervision
of the Packaging Manager to inspect returned goods from end-user,
retail, and distributor products and determine disposition
(warranty and return status). This position will determine if
customer returns are eligible for warranty, communicate return
status with appropriate individuals, complete repairs if necessary,
and update return status in computer systems.
1. Inspect, test, sort, sample, or weigh parts, units, or materials
for defects, wear, and deviations from specifications to determine
if customer returns are eligible for warranty by utilizing testing
and measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers dial
indicators, mil gages, push/pull force gages, and go/no go
2. Analyze and interpret manuals, blueprints, and other materials
to determine specifications, inspection/testing procedures, and
measuring instruments required to inspect returned product against
established quality standards.
3. Scan return label and product to verify that returned product
matches records submitted.
4. Complete all required paperwork and data entry to include
entering disposition of inspected product and date code, processing
credit memos and replacement orders for customer returns, and
adding additional details into the Enterprise Resource Planning
(ERP) system for tracking and review purposes.
5. Communicate with customer service, end users, and distributors
through phone or e-mail regarding product questions and status
updates regarding return and product warranty claims.
6. Process repair returns, including receiving payment
authorization for services, and performing repairs.
7. Unload freight and small parcel deliveries by operating a
Forklift or Pallet Jack and ensuring dock lock is on, chocking
tires, setting dock plate in place, and inspecting trailer.
8. Verify the quantity and quality of material received and ensure
bills of lading are correct.
9. Discuss inspection results with Manager or those responsible for
products, and recommend necessary corrective actions.
10. Complete basic re-packaging of product including re-attaching a
clamshell or sticker to make returned product acceptable for
11. Perform daily safety inspections of material handling
12. Observe all safety guidelines and report safety concerns to
13. Follow Six Sigma lean manufacturing standards to keep work area
clean and safe from hazards.
14. Perform all other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED with three years of relevant work
experience required. Associate's Degree preferred. Must be able to
read, write, speak and understand basic English. Must possess
knowledge in Enterprise Resource Management (ERP) computer system
and Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, and Word). Experience with
IMI Series (AS400) and Boss is preferred.
Ability to use equipment; including, but not limited to,
micrometers, calipers dial indicators, mil gages, push/pull force
gages, go/no go gages, Class II Order Picker and Class II Stand-Up
Forklift, and Pallet Jack. Strong math skills in the areas of
addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and calculator
Ability to learn, problem-solve, and make decisions per work
instructions and documents. Strong written and verbal communication
skills including ability to correspond through phone or email.
Ability to communicate problems or ideas with supervisors or other
appropriate personnel. Ability to demonstrate strong attention to
detail. Ability to meet established deadlines.
Keywords: Klein Tools, Mansfield , Warranty and Returns Lead, Other , Mansfield, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!