Company: Klein Tools
Posted on: February 14, 2021
Location: US-TX-MansfieldAddress: 1250 Heritage PkwyID: 2
Since 1857 Klein Tools, a family-owned and operated company, has
been designing, developing and manufacturing premium-quality,
professional-grade hand tools. The majority of Klein tools are
manufactured in plants throughout the United States and are the
number one choice among professional electricians and other
The Supervisor, Manufacturing will supervise, plan, and direct
daily cell operations of to ensure continuous production and
delivery of products consistent with customer requirements and
established departmental, plant, and company goals. This position
will coach and mentor staff, oversee safety of team members, ensure
quality standards are met, and lead various lean manufacturing
efforts within the facility to drive best-in-class operational
- Coordinate work group activities, schedule work, assign
machines to meet manufacturing schedules, increase overall
equipment effectiveness, achieve takt time, required pace of
product to meet demand, and reduce lead time.
- Record work group performance data and send a daily report to
the Manager to provide an update of daily activities, personnel
changes, and any issues encountered.
- Conduct training for Manufacturing Team Members, which include
set-up and operation of equipment, understanding manufacturing
processes, plant regulations, safety rules and hazards, and other
job-related procedures and standards.
- Motivate and lead Manufacturing Team Members by providing
coaching and development opportunities.
- Troubleshoot minor equipment issues and escalate major issues
to the Manager.
- Work with the Operations team and Lean Business Systems group
to establish Key Process Indicators, lean initiatives, and project
time lines as well as monitor and update output reports.
- Collaborate with the Supply Chain Management group to maintain
required manufacturing supplies and services. Complete purchase
requisitions as necessary.
- Comprehend and administer all Company policies and procedures
outlined in the Employee Handbook and/or internal communications
from management team.
- Make employment recommendations on hiring, promotion,
transfers, training and development, disciplinary action,
terminations, and pay adjustments; monitor performance by
completing new hire and annual performance
- May assist in the development of the annual departmental fiscal
- Ensure that proper safety methods are used in the department as
specified by Loss Prevention. Ensure team maintains an orderly and
- Participate in various lean manufacturing activities to improve
products, reduce waste, or learn new skills or operations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma and three (3) years of relevant work experience
required. Bachelor's Degree and one (1) year working in a
manufacturing environment preferred. Working knowledge of Lean
tools (6S, Kaizen, ect.), OSHA, DEQ, and EPA regulations, and
quality system (e.g. ISO, QS, TS Standards).
Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint,
Word) and computer systems such as Production Reporting.
Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to maintain
confidentiality when dealing with people, projects, and issues.
Ability to demonstrate and comprehend basic math. Ability to read
and comprehend English in work-related documents. Excellent verbal
and written communication skills. Ability to interact effectively
with and establish rapport with all levels of management and staff
Willingness to become First Responder certified and wear required
DISCLAIMER: This position may include exposure to radio frequencies
that may be dangerous to individuals with a pacemaker, consult with
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an
organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your
cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.
Keywords: Klein Tools, Mansfield , Manufacturing Supervisor, Other , Mansfield, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!