IT Software Engineer, Senior - Mainframe Applications
Company: Onemain Financial
Posted on: March 27, 2020
IT Software Engineer, Senior Job DescriptionOneMain Financial is
the country------s largest lending-exclusive financial company.
With nearly 1,600 branches across 44 states, we proudly offer safe,
affordable and transparent installment loans to millions of
hard-working people. Our customers turn to us to meet important
financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses,
household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. OneMain is
constantly innovating to serve customers when, where and how they
want by investing in our technical digital capabilities. Our
steadfast commitment to doing the right thing extends to our
customers, our employees and the communities where we live and work
------ a mission that hasn------t changed for more than 100
years.One Main Financial is currently seeking qualified candidates
for our IT Software Engineer, Senior position within our
Applications Development group, located in FORT WORTH, TEXAS.The
candidate should be able to adapt to a challenging fast paced
environment working with mainframe batch systems involving Consumer
Credit Insurance, Debt Protection, and Supplemental Insurance
servicing activities. Changes may need to be coordinated with other
IT development teams and outside clients. Individual will be
expected to effectively work with customers from varying
departments within the insurance company.Duties and
responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for interpreting functional requirements,
developing technical specifications from functional requirements,
designing and coding applications using COBOL programming language
in a mainframe environment.
- Ensure products, applications, documents and systems meet
established quality standards and requirements.
- Participate in On-Call rotation to support system
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer
Science, or related field.
- Experience developing programs in a mainframe environment.
- Experience with COBOL, VSAM, and JCL.
- Ability to work independently and part of a team, meet
deadlines and work with users on projects.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing technology and priorities.
- Must be able to work in the Fort Worth office.Other skills for
an ideal candidate:
- Familiarity with Insurance concepts and servicing
- IBM IDZ software
- Changeman or similar source code management systemAt OneMain,
we understand that for our team members to be their best, they need
the right opportunities and benefits. Our comprehensive benefits
package for full-time and some part-time employees includes health
and well-being options for team members and dependents, up to 4%
matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, continuing education,
incentive pay, paid time off, paid volunteer time, and
Keywords: Onemain Financial, Mansfield , IT Software Engineer, Senior - Mainframe Applications, IT / Software / Systems , Mansfield, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!