Phlebotomist III Float
Company: Quest Diagnostics
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Represents the face of our company to patients who come to Quest
Diagnostics, both as part of their health routine or for insights
into life-defining health decisions. The PSR III - Float draws
quality blood samples from patients and prepares those specimens
for lab testing while following established practices and
procedures. The PSR III - Float has direct contact with patients
and creates an atmosphere of trust and confidence while explaining
procedures to patients and drawing blood specimens in a skillful,
safe and accurate manner. The PSR III - Float is responsible in
providing coverage at multiple locations for multiple roles. The
PSR III - Float must ensure that daily activities of the Patient
Service Center/Mobile/Long Term Care/In-Office Phlebotomy are
completed accurately and on time. The PSR III - Float demonstrates
Quest Leadership Behaviors while focusing on process excellence
skills and sensitivity to confidentiality and accuracy to patient
information. Successful applicants may be assigned to work and
direct daily activity in a doctor's office, a patient service
center, in a house call environment, long-term care or as business
needs dictate. Must be able to step in for a PSR II and lead one or
more PSR on site. Will be required to act as a coach, mentor,
instructor, resource advisor for new employees and provide
effective onboarding services to new clients. They will also act as
point of contact to staff on-site and provide regular input to the
group lead or supervisor. The PSR III PSR III - Float may also
focus on working with customers who have a high complexity and/or
volume practice with a specialized focus requiring outstanding
phlebotomy skills. In addition, these practices require a higher
level of customer-facing skills including; verbal and written
communications, problem-solving, and collaboration with multiple
functions, such as: Sales, Laboratory Testing Services, IT
connectivity, Billing, and Logistics due to their specialty and or
complex test orders. The PSR III - Float must be capable of
handling multiple priorities in a high-volume setting.
- Collect specimens according to established procedures. This
includes, but not limited to: drug screens, biometric screening and
- Administer oral solutions according to established
- Research test/client information and confirm and verify all
written and electronic orders by utilizing lab technology systems
or directory of services.
- Responsible for completing all data entry requirements
accurately including data entry of patient registration; entry of
test order from req or pulling order from database; managing
- Enter billing information and collect payments when required,
including the safeguarding of assets and credit card
- Data entry and processing specimens including labeling,
centrifuging, splitting, and freezing specimens as required by test
- Perform departmental-related clerical duties when assigned such
as data entry, inventory, stock supplies, and answer phones when
- Read, understand and comply with departmental policies,
protocols and procedures: (i.e. Procedure Manuals, Safety Manual,
Compliance Manual, Automobile Policies and Procedures, Employee
Handbook, Quality Assurance Manual); and ensure that all staff
members follow instructions.
- Perform verification of patient demographic info/initials
including patient signature post-venipuncture to verify tubes were
labeled in their presence and that the name on the label is
- Assist with compilation and submission of monthly statistics
- Maintain all appropriate phlebotomy logs in a timely manner and
based on frequency, such as maintenance logs and temperature
- Complete training courses and keep up-to-date with the latest
- Travel to Territory Manager meeting if held off-site or off
- Participate on special projects and teams.
- Stay up-to-date on company communications and assist with the
distribution of technical information to the work group.
- Perform Point of Care (POC) testing at those sites where needed
and the complete training/competency evaluations per Standard
Operating Procedure (SOP).
- With appropriate training, act as mentor and resource for new
employees, assisting with transition into the PSC work environment
and the familiarity with established procedures.
- Assist with periodic inventory counts report shortages and
problems to group leader or supervisor as they occur.
- Assist with the preparation of schedules for the assigned
workgroup or PSCs.
- Communicate professionally with clients to resolve or refer,
and document problems, prepare problem documentation and report
critical issues as they occur.
- Ensure staff is following all safety precautions by wearing a
clean, button lab coat, gloves and face shield when
- Assist supervisors with the implementation of SOPs and the
distribution of technical information and communication to the
workgroup in accordance with Quest Diagnostics guidelines.
- Ensure facilities are neat, clean and in good repair, take
appropriate action to advise Group Leader or Supervisor of required
repairs and maintenance.
- Will be required to act as a coach, mentor, instructor and
resource advisor for new employees, as well as be the point of
contact to staff on-site and provide regular input to the group
lead or supervisor.
- Provide effective onboarding services to new clients.
- Partner with Supervisor and Group Lead to assist the transition
process setting up new offices for both PSCs and IOPs.
- Must be able to step in for a PSR II and lead one or more PSR
QUALIFICATIONS Required Work Experience:
- Five years phlebotomy experience required, inclusive of
pediatric, geriatric, and capillary collections.
- Keyboard/data entry experience.
- Flexible and available based on staffing needs, which includes
weekends, holidays, on-call and overtime.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver's license, and
clean driving record, if applicable.
- Travel and flexible hours required to work multiple locations
and required to cover at Patient Service Center/Mobile/Long-Term
Care/In-Office Phlebotomy locations with minimal notice.
Preferred Work Experience:
- Medical training: medical assistant or paramedic training
- Minimum 3 years in a Patient Service Center(PSC) / In-Office
(IOP) environment preferred.
- Customer service in a retail or service environment
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Lift light to moderately heavy objects. The normal performance
of duties may require lifting and carrying objects. Objects in the
weight range of 1 to 15 pounds are lifted and carried frequently;
objects in the weight range of 16 to 25 pounds are lifted and
carried occasionally and objects in the weight range of 26 to 40
pounds are seldom lifted and carried. Objects exceeding 41 pounds
are not to be lifted or carried without assistance.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time; requires
long hours of eye and hand coordination.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks with dominant hand
frequently to constantly throughout the day.
- Position requires travel.
- Extensive use of phone and PC.
- Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness.
- Committed to all Quest Diagnostics Policies & Procedures
including Company dress code, Employee Health & Safety, and Quest
Diagnostics Everyday Excellence Guiding Principles.
- Ability to provide quality, error-free work in a fast-paced
- Ability to work independently with minimal on-site
- Excellent phlebotomy skills to include pediatric and
- Must demonstrate Superior Customer Focus; ability to
communicate openly and transparently with peers, supervisors and
patients; ability to accelerate and embrace change throughout
Quest; and Knowledge of our business.
- Capable of handling multiple priorities in a high-volume
- Must be able to make decisions based on established procedures
and exercise good judgment
EDUCATION High School Diploma or Equivalent(Required)
LICENSECERTIFICATIONS Phlebotomy certification (required in certain
states, e.g. California, Nevada, Washington and Louisiana)
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics, Mansfield , Phlebotomist III Float, Healthcare , Mansfield, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!