Nurse Navigator - FT Days
Posted on: August 27, 2020
Nurse Navigator- Texas Health Mansfield- operated as joint venture
between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location: 2300 Lone Star Road; Mansfield, TX
Top Reasons to Work at Texas Health Mansfield; Mansfield, TX
* Join a family of caregivers focused on whole-person health and
committed to making communities healthier.
* Provide wholistic care for patients that extends to the spiritual
level by praying with patients and families. Chaplains are
available to meet with patients, families and team members 24 hours
a day, 7 days a week to provide spiritual support.
* Help develop a brand new $150 million community hospital and
medical office building that will provide services such as
Medical/Surgical, ICU, Women's Services, General Surgery,
Orthopedics, Interventional Cardiology and Gastroenterology.
* Grow in your career with AdventHealth, named in 2018 by Becker's
Hospital Review as one of the "150 Top Places to Work in
Healthcare". AdventHealth has partnered with Texas Health
Resources, named in 2019 as one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to
Work For, to build Texas Health Mansfield, which is creating new
opportunities for employment and professional growth.
* Thrive in the Mansfield community, ranked by CNN/Money Magazine
as #17 for "Best Places to Live". Mansfield is one of the fastest
growing areas of North Texas, projected to reach more than 250,000
residents by 2023. Future job growth over the next ten years is
predicted to be 41%, higher than the national average of 33.5%.
Mansfield has top-rated schools, over 900 acres of parkland,
quality housing, a historic downtown area, recreational
opportunities for all ages, and a growing business community.
You Will Be Responsible For:
* Has extensive knowledge of breast cancer screening, diagnosis and
* Communicates and collaborates with mammography techs, radiology
staff and physicians to provide excellent care.
* Provides protection in accordance with prescribed safety
* Notifies patients that need to return for further imaging and
schedules their appointments.
* Informs and educates patients about their breast imaging
* Assists radiologist in consenting patients for biopsy
* Educates patient about post-biopsy home care.
* Proficient in use of Breast Center Access Database (if
* Tracks/documents data for National Consortium of Breast Centers
Quality Program and National. Accreditation Program for Breast
Center accreditation (if applicable).
* Efficient and organized in skills to assist team with safe and
appropriate turnovers. Utilizes knowledge of cleaning protocols for
all types of specialty surgical equipment
What You Will Need:
* Graduate from an approved school of nursing. BSN required. 3 to 5
years' experience preferred.
* Current license in the state of Texas or in a qualifying compact
* ACLS required.
Navigates patients through their diagnosis and treatment ensuring
timely services. The nurse navigator will meet with
patients/families to provide emotional support and guidance before
their biopsy and through end-stage disease if necessary. The nurse
will provide medical information, education, and knowledge of
referring resources. She will be responsible for facilitating rapid
scheduling and follow-ups on patients. The nurse navigator will
promote the Navigator program and cancer prevention, detection and
treatment awareness to the community through presentations and
participation in cancer related organizations. She will attend
appropriate programs, health fairs and events as needed and make
presentations to appropriate groups.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: AdventHealth, Mansfield , Nurse Navigator - FT Days, Healthcare , Mansfield, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!