Facility Maintenance Manager
Company: Straumann Group
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Join us on our journey to unlock the potential of people's
Straumann - stands for premium Swiss quality, precision, and
innovation delivering confidence in dentistry, backed by the
largest global scientific network.Since our foundation many decades
ago, we've been inspired to make people's lives better. Our
entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to scientific excellence,
have made us a global market leader in esthetic dentistry. We've
transformed millions of lives. And we'll transform millions more.
Patients and professionals all over the world confirm that improved
oral health increases self-confidence. It restores people's
self-esteem and unlocks their life potential. We are proud to be
able to make a fundamental difference. Because what we do, goes way
beyond simply restoring a smile.
Position Summary:This position is responsible for day-to-day
management and maintenance of all Facility infrastructure, related
equipment, exterior appearance, personnel safety (EH&S), and
projects at the Straumann Group Facility located in Mansfield,
Texas. This is a hands-on position and will require performing
maintenance and other manual tasks on an as-needed basis. Moreover,
this position supports the various training and educational events
conducted at the Mansfield site.
Major Responsibilities of the Position:
- Facility cleaning and maintenance in accordance with 21 CFR
211.42 - 211.58 (Current Good Manufacturing Practices) - maintain
the facility in "like new" condition.
- HVAC operation, preventive, and demand maintenance
- Purified water system operation, preventive, and demand
- Wastewater treatment system operation, preventive, and demand
- Hazardous waste management
- Non-hazardous waste management
- Direct the daily activities of Facility Department
- Work with landscaping vendors to maintain the building
- Manage performance of Facility Maintenance Department employees
- Initiate and coordinate repairs or other services with
- Provide input to the Director of Operations with respect to
- Evaluate the suitability of maintenance contractors for
Straumann site tasks.
- Perform or direct day-to-day maintenance or repairs of all
facility components and sub-systems.
- Perform or direct office moves and reconfigurations.
- Organize and store all facility maintenance records in
accordance with established procedures.
- Specify and order replacement and spare parts and
- Establish and manage spare parts and supply inventories for all
- Comprehensive project management for facility upgrades,
expansions, and modifications.
- Assist Production Departments with equipment installation,
relocation, and repair as needed.
- An active member of the Facility Emergency Response Team
- Must be available for, and respond to emergency calls as
assigned by the Director of Operations
- Support Education and Sales Training events
- Support Environmental, Health, and Safety with day-to-day
compliance to Local, State, and Federal regulations.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Operations
- 10 years experience in an industrial maintenance environment
(FDA/GMP environment preferred)
- 3 years' prior experience in Environmental Health & Safety
- 3 years' prior experience in a lead maintenance position
- High School Diploma
- Certifications in trade skills are helpful but not
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Expectations:
- Possesses, or have the ability to obtain the following
certifications within 12 months of start date (training will be
provided by Straumann Manufacturing, Inc. as needed): OSHA Powered
Industrial Truck, OSHA Hazmat First Responder Level, DOT Hazmat,
RCRA (Hazardous Waste),
- Basic hands-on knowledge of pipefitting, electrical repairs,
HVAC, and carpentry
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite; including Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal
- Expected to take ownership and pride in the operation and
maintenance of the Mansfield Headquarters of the global leader in
restorative dental products and services.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- FDA/GMP manufacturing environment
- Must be able to lift 50 lb. without restriction
- The work environment will include working with Class 1
Flammable Liquids, Combustible Liquids, various abrasive blasting
media and equipment, and inert compressed gas (Nitrogen).
SAP Position ID: 581306
What can you expect from us?
- An agile and ambitious environment.
- Open, friendly colleagues who #collaborate and #support each
We are #Players+Learners.
- The #freedom to #create and #engage: You can leave your
- An employer who invests in our #inspiring corporate
- The #opportunity to develop yourself as a person and in your
#career. We #grow.
- #Attractive workplaces at great locations - We are a
- A good salary and many other cool #benefits (depending on
- To work for the No. 1 in #Dentistry and one of the leading
#MedTech companies.Stay tuned and connect with us!
@straumannjobs at LinkedIn - Xing - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest
Keywords: Straumann Group, Mansfield , Facility Maintenance Manager, Executive , Mansfield, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!