Senior Manager Purchasing
Company: Klein Tools
Posted on: November 21, 2020
Location: US-TX-MansfieldAddress: 501 Easy DriveID: 2
Since 1857 Klein Tools, a family-owned and operated company, has
been designing, developing and manufacturing premium-quality,
professional-grade hand tools. The majority of Klein tools are
manufactured in plants throughout the United States and are the
number one choice among professional electricians and other
The Senior Manager, Purchasing is fully responsible for the
procurement of products and services supporting all Klein Tools
facilities. This includes raw materials, components, finished
goods, and additional assigned indirect spend categories. This
position will work closely with multiple business units, developing
strategies and coordinating supply chain activities to assure that
cost and value-added requirements are met, while maintaining the
highest ethical business standards. This position will develop,
produce, and track critical metrics to ensure departmental and
corporate goals are attained.
1. Manage the Purchasing department's activities and collaborate
with logistics, product management, engineering, quality, and
manufacturing to maximize seamless interdepartmental work-flow.
2. Oversee all tactical activities related to corporate spend, from
purchase order execution through delivery of commodity or
3. Drive continuous improvements in the following key targets to
improve; product quality, customer service levels with a minimum of
98% fulfillment, inventory management, and days payable
4. Evaluate and improve current purchasing processes to drive
productivity and service level improvements to all
5. Analyze market and delivery conditions to determine present and
future material availability, and develop countermeasures to
current and future challenges.
6. Lead and develop the entire purchasing organization, with a
focus on employee growth.
7. Develop, support and implement enabling technologies.
8. Routinely communicate inventory status on critical issues and
products to senior leadership.
9. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree in supply chain management, logistics or other
related field with 5 (five) years of procurement related work
experience. Masters preferred. Project management experience is
Must have experience leading a team in a procurement environment.
Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint,
Word). Demonstrated ability to analyze data. Ability to work and
effectively communicate with all levels of the company and
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an
organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your
cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.
Keywords: Klein Tools, Mansfield , Senior Manager Purchasing, Executive , Mansfield, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!