Operations Manager T&D
Company: MYR Group
Posted on: November 20, 2020
Great Southwestern Construction, Inc. provides a full range of
electrical construction services to utilities, municipalities,
government entities and private developers throughout the nation
for transmission lines, distribution systems, communication
systems, substations and renewable energy facilities. In addition,
Great Southwestern also provides capabilities in pre-construction,
Engineer-Procure-Construct (EPC) and design-build forms of project
delivery, project controls and reporting, environmental compliance
and quality assurance/quality control.
The primary focus of the Operations Manager is to oversee
transmission line project operations for the region by providing
effective methods of day-to-day operations with a field
concentration, maintain and develop client relationships, assist in
the estimating of work, and develop personnel for ongoing and
future projects. This position will be based out of the Mansfield,
TX office, travel is required.
* Ensure organizational safety expectations are met by all field
* Conduct project site safety inspections/audits and take
corrective actions as needed to address issues/deficiencies
* Work with Senior Field Leaders to manage/organize/coordinate
field manpower and tooling to meet project needs.
* Business development initiatives to include securing future
projects with clients
* Monitor the project progress working with the SFL's and report
weekly to the
* Project Managers and District Manager
* Ensure contractual compliance for current and future projects
* Develop plans based on estimates focusing on safety and
efficiency working with the SFL's.
* Facilitate and enforce company policies and procedures
* Responsible for recovery plans and the successful recovery of
* Support the month end financials reporting working with the Vice
President on projects.
* Reviewing project cost on a weekly basis and reporting out to the
DM on the current status of the jobs.
* Reviewing labor logs and equipment utilization to ensure that the
projects are running efficiently.
* Offer ideas and implement strategies on how to attract and obtain
* Having a proactive approach with the project team to find ways to
be more efficient in the earlier stages of the project.
* Travel (including overnight or extended stays) as needed
* Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct
and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical
conduct standards, if applicable
* The essential functions of this position are to be performed in a
Company designated project office location.
* Electrical contractor experience in a leadership role of 8+
* Versed in transmission projects from the utility contractor
* Strong commitment to safety and the ability to develop a solid
safety culture with subordinates,
* Excellent salesmanship and communication skills to include
written and verbal
* Accountability focused leadership style.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong computer/software skills (MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, MS
* Willingness to continue self-improvement and strengthen current
* Strength in resource placement or alignment to be sure the most
qualified is in the right position for projects.
* Familiarity with all contract types such as Lump Sum, T&E,
blended rate storm.
* Managing of equipment ordering, releasing and billing to be sure
we are positioned for positive cash flow.
* Weekly pay via direct deposit or pay card
* Comprehensive benefits package
* Medical, dental, & vision
* $15 weekly premium for employee only & employee plus family
* Low deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums
* Flexible spending accounts
* Company-paid short and long-term disability
* Company-paid life and accidental death & dismemberment
* Supplemental life and accidental death & dismemberment
* Critical illness & accident plans
* Identity theft protection
* Group legal
* Auto & homeowners
* Generous 401(k) Plan
* 100% match up to 6%; immediate vesting
* Annual profit-sharing potential
* Paid time off
* Tiered increases based on tenure with the company
* Holidays (8 per year)
* Sick time (as applicable)
* Superior educational assistance program
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. If you require an accommodation to
complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity
Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race,
color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by
To all recruitment agencies, MYR Group and its subsidiary companies
do not accept agency resumes unless they are from an approved
vendor and submitted through our Third-Party Recruiter Portal.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, company employees,
or any other company location. MYR Group nor its subsidiary
companies are responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
Keywords: MYR Group, Mansfield , Operations Manager T&D, Executive , Mansfield, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!