Company: Klein Tools
Posted on: October 14, 2020
Location: US-TX-MansfieldAddress: 501 Easy DriveID: 2
Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs
of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard
of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry.
We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The
Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Commodity Manager to be located in
our Mansfield, TX Facility.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Finished Goods Supply Chain, this
position is responsible for all Supply Chain activities associated
with the assigned categories. The Commodity Manager will develop,
execute, and maintain strategies related to supplier
identification, sourcing, supplier management, and spend
optimization. This position will be closely aligned with all
business units in support of new product development and inventory
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Optimize cost for assigned products, with an emphasis on cost
reduction and margin improvement.
2. Develop sourcing strategies and lead contract negotiation.
3. Launch and support new product innovation and drive best
practices across commodity.
4. Develop multi-year commodity plans for various products
including spend consolidation.
5. Oversee all activities related to the management of assigned
spend, from intent to purchase through delivery of
6. Recruit, maintain and manage world-class suppliers with focus on
total cost of ownership improvement.
7. Plan, organize, direct, control and communicate all strategic
sourcing activities related to assigned spend.
8. Drive spend analysis activities identifying strategic sourcing
opportunities within assigned commodities and throughout the SC
environment where applicable.
9. Prepare and review contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor
agreements for legal correctness, terms/ conditions, and
acceptability of items to specifications.
10. Develop a system to evaluate vendor quotations that utilizes
appropriate negotiation and sourcing strategies to ensure quality,
price, delivery, and service across multiple global locations.
11. Analyze market and delivery conditions to determine present and
future material availability.
12. Pro-actively establish and implement countermeasures to
negative market trends and missed objective performance.
13. Negotiate effective cash and inventory management positions
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants will possess a Bachelor's degree in Quality or
related field with a minimum of seven (7) years of
Procurement-related experience is required. Master's in Business
Administration (MBA) is a plus.
A Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.) or Certified in Production
and Inventory Management (C.P.I.M.) certification is a plus.
Demonstrated understanding of lean principles and demand flow
techniques. Commodity and market expert, high level of technically
competency. Project management & problem solving skills.
Demonstrated supplier management skills. Must be able to work and
effectively communicate with all levels of the company and
suppliers. Leads and effectively manages cross-functional teams.
Drives for continuous improvement.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Microsoft
Must be willing to travel one (1) week per month (25%).
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Onsite Employee Fitness Center
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an
organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your
cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.
Keywords: Klein Tools, Mansfield , Commodity Manager, Executive , Mansfield, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!