Posted on: November 24, 2022
Maintains diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and
preventive maintenance requirements; correcting engine
deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; keeping
* Determines engine condition by conducting inspections and
diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
* Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive
maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades;
controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
* Corrects engine deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting,
overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major
assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as,
power and drive trains, electrical, fuel, emission, hydraulics;
completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and
alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve
mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and
* Verifies engine performance by conducting tests; adjusting
controls and systems.
* Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing
engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
* Maintains engine records by annotating services and repairs.
* Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating
instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies;
performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
* Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts
* Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders;
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
* Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by
accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests;
exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Tooling, Supply Management, Mechanical Inspection Tools, Technical
Understanding, Attention to Detail, Dependability, Thoroughness,
Verbal Communication, Documentation Skills, Inventory Control, Job
Keywords: DPSI, Mansfield , Diesel Mechanic, Engineering , Mansfield, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!