Company: Parks Experiences And Products
Posted on: September 24, 2022
As a Civil Engineer, you will keep the property humming so our
Guests can have fun. One day, you will act in a 'sustaining' role,
which means you are a 'first responders' when issues arise; you
will also support ongoing maintenance and control. You will have
the technical knowledge to recognize when a problem is developing
and initiate immediate action. Other days, you will be
project-oriented, working on planned renovations identified as a
part of the ongoing improvement; you will work with Disney's famous
Imagineers on designing civil engineering infrastructure or
providing subject matter expertise through peer review for new or
refurbished attractions. Other days you will develop strategies and
programs for the ongoing maintenance and enhancement of the
infrastructure assets. You will create new civil site, utility, and
transportation infrastructure and at improving existing systems
with operational enhancements.
All of our engineers are encouraged to move between the three roles
and work on different projects; sometimes they're even called to
assist at Disney Parks and Resorts around the globe.
You will report to the Manager, Programs -Facility Sustaining
- Provide Civil Engineering infrastructure support to multiple
partners across property as an individual contributor or as part of
a larger team;
- Support the strategic planning for the development, and
management of a Geographic Information System(GIS) asset management
system using ArcGIS and utility analysis software such as ICPR or
Innovyze, InfoSWMM, or InfoWater.
- Use the Asset data and analysis to build investment strategies
for the maintenance and enhancements to property-wide utility
- Support root cause analysis with solution options, risks and
recommendations to senior leadership;
- Support providing subject matter expertise for Civil
Engineering Infrastructure associated codes and regulations such as
South Florida Water Management District, Florida Department of
Environmental Protection, Florida Department Of Transportation,
Florida Greenbook and Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices,
EPCOT Building, Florida Accessibility, Reedy Creek Improvement
District Land Development Regulations;
- Work with outside vendors, local regulatory agencies, Disney
leaders, and fellow cast members;
- Keep up-to-date on the latest developments in civil engineering
technology, equipment, and materials;
- Enjoy the perks and benefits of working for The Walt Disney
Company, including movie screenings, deep discounts on things you
can really use, and free entry to our Parks using your Gate Pass!
Basic Qualifications/You Will Have
- Civil Engineer with 6+ years diverse experience in the land
development, public utility, and municipal engineering with design
experience in site layout, grading, drainage, wet utilities
(potable water and sanitary sewer), storm water management, erosion
and sedimentation control.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in State of Florida, or
ability to obtain within 3-months of hire(reciprocity).
- Proficient in industry codes and standards associated with new
development and re-development including associated environmental
- Previous experience with Wet Utility Capacity Modeling &
- Previous experience with Water and Sanitary Sewer collection
and distribution system design.
- Previous experience completing and peer reviewing Hydrologic
and Hydraulic Analysis.
- Previous experience with ArcGIS, AutoCAD Civil3D, and with
select hydraulic modeling software including ICPR, Innovyze
InfoSWMM or Innovyze InfoWater.
- Previous experience with storm and sanitary sewer system
maintenance, rehabilitation, and strategic planning including lift
station performance evaluation and modifications.
- Previous experience preparing calculations and reports for
water quality management plans including best management practices
and stormwater pollution prevention plans.
- Experience with several types of Field Surveys to allow design
- Previous experience reviewing Geotechnical studies for civil
infrastructure and site design.
- Experience with groundwater dewatering design and permitting
- Experience with environmental site mitigation.
- Familiarity with Revit applications. Required Education
Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
Additional Information Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards
package to help you live your best life. This includes health and
savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that
only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks
Keywords: Parks Experiences And Products, Mansfield , Civil Engineer, Engineering , Mansfield, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!