COO / Global Head of Project Management Office
Posted on: August 6, 2022
The COO / Global Head of Project Management Office will be part
of the Issuer Services Technology senior management team reporting
to the chief technology officer for Issuer Services &
Transformation Technology. This leader will operate in a chief
operating officer, chief of staff, and PMO role for a technology
organization of about 200 personnel; responsible for leading a
global Project Management Office that includes business office
support, project management & reporting, risk & control management,
business analysis, quality assurance, budget/financial planning &
reporting, staffing management, procurement/vendor management, and
estate/infrastructure Management. The Issuer Services business has
aggressive business growth goals for the next 3-5 years and has
made considerable additional investments in Technology, inclusive
of quadrupling the size of the technology organization during the
past few years. This role is critical to ensure our project
oversight and delivery of solutions to the Operations and the Front
Office businesses are best in class and scalable to continue
supporting growth within the business and our internal technology
- Build and run centers of excellence for the Project Management,
Business Analysis, and Quality Assurance resource pools, ensuring
proper capacity planning, resource allocation, and staff
utilization across the teams globally.
- For each PMO department, define, develop, and implement best
practices and standardize roles, methodology, and tools for each
- Improve quality and utilization of resources for delivery, and
promote globalization of skillset, business knowledge and systems
- Ensure our project management methodologies, stakeholder
engagement, executive status reporting, and overall solution
delivery adheres to industry best practices and firm
- Create, document, and implement project lifecycle and
methodology guidelines to lead the transformation to Agile
methodology for the department.
- Coordinate with management across the organization to lead
annual and mid-year resource and budget planning and ongoing
financial reporting/reforecasting activities.
- Manage all Risk & Controls processes and activities, including
infrastructure management for the organization.
- Work in partnership with the Global Office to provide accurate
resource planning and hiring status to stakeholders and senior
- Develop the IT Communications function for the Issuer Services
Tech organization inclusive of both internal team and external
business communications, covering the range from day-to-day
activities to change management for major system releases.
- Lead a global team of employees, providing strategic and
tactical direction, coaching, and developing talents, evaluating
performance, and making recommendations for career path
- Provide organizational and cultural change leadership and
- Asses risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating
particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding
Citi, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable
laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound
ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business
practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues
with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of
others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain
- Minimum of 10 years recent experience providing hands-on
project management within an Information Technology department,
matrix managing both geographically distributed internal staff and
external vendor contract teams.
- At least 5 years experience leading a PMO/Project Management
function within an Information Technology organization.
- Minimum 3 years experience leading projects through
Agile/Iterative methodologies, operating in a Scrum Master role
when necessary to decompose high level project requirements into
actionable Sprints and deliverables for the project team.
- 2 years experience leading the transformation from Waterfall to
Agile methodology for multiple organizations.
- Extensive experience leading large enterprise-wide technology
re-platform programs and solution delivery teams inclusive of
scope, scheduling, budgeting, and project planning in a matrixed
environment with aggressive delivery goals.
- Expert communicator and negotiator with exceptional written,
verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience managing vendors through the full vendor engagement
life cycle including creating RFPs and SOWs, negotiating contract
terms, financial management, and holding vendors accountable to the
engagement terms and deliverables
- Skilled multi-tasker with ability to manage numerous projects
and tasks concurrently.
- Subject matter expert in the basics of project management
(estimation, project planning, resource planning, issue management,
risk management, change management, communication planning)
- Stable work history with at least 2 years average duration per
employer, few breaks in employment, and with progressively
increasing career responsibility.
- Substantiated experience raising the bar on staff delivery
performance and cultivating high performance work
- Experience transforming teams through technology, organization,
culture, process, and business change management.
- Strong ability to influence without authority.
- Hands-on leader, visionary, and problem solver with a passion
- Ability to work hands on with team members to inspire and
motivate all levels of staff towards both tactical and strategic
- Outstanding performer, persistent and pro-active leader,
exceptionally detail oriented, and driven to exceed
- Experience using JIRA a big plus
- Scrum Master and PMP certification strongly desired.
- Hands-on early career experience in a technical IT role
- ITIL certification a plus.
- Prior industry experience in Banking/Financial Services or
Professional Services/Management Consulting a plus.
- Bachelors degree required, preferably in a Computer Science or
- Masters degree
an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.Qualified
applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Citigroup Inc.
and its subsidiaries ('Citi) invite all qualified interested
applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person
with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our
search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review .View the
'' poster. View the .View the .View the
-----------------------------Effective November 1, 2021, Citi
requires that all successful applicants for positions located in
the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such
vaccination prior to commencement of employment.by Jobble
Keywords: Citi, Mansfield , COO / Global Head of Project Management Office, Administration, Clerical , Mansfield, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!