Product Management Manager - Deposits & Payments
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Purpose of JobThis is an Individual Contributor position. You
will be responsible for supporting the Deposits and Retail Payments
team in building road map strategies for Open Banking.Formulates
product/sales strategy recommendations based on analysis of
profitability, competitiveness and sales performance for the
product life cycle. Compile, analyze and interpret data to make
strategic and tactical recommendations or decisions pertaining to
sales/product performance. Responsible for defining the business
questions and providing insights to improve business performance.
Supports the maintenance of existing products and/or may lead in
the development and launch of less complex, new products with
channel partners.USAA values a culture that is highly
collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps
employees gain the best of both worlds - collaborating in-person in
the office and working from home. The actual onsite days are
settled between each employee and the employee's manager.
Candidates are expected to live a commutable distance from one of
our offices in San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL,
Chesapeake, VA, Colorado Springs, CO or Charlotte, NC. Remote may
be considered.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to
serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S.
military members and their families. This singular mission requires
a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.Primary
- Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
efficiently identified, measured, supervised, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Uses resources to collect analytics, competitive intelligence,
and member information to support formulation of product
- Participates in the development of product strategy
- Develops recommendations to launch new products or sales
strategies and the evaluation and decision to buy/build or
- Acts as product SME on features and services and collaborates
with business partners to provide recommendations.
- Partners with phone and digital teams on how to efficiently use
sales guides and provides education on products and services,
including new offerings and improvements to existing features.
- Assists in the identification and evaluation of potential
providers for alliance relationships.
- Provides support in developing, editing, and distributing
- Conducts research on external market trends/design changes,
financials, member information and/or transaction data for assigned
- Holds responsibility for coordinating with relevant control
partners (to include Legal, Compliance, and Risk Management) to
ensure product offerings are crafted, implemented, and handled in
compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Interprets performance results to advise product or sales
forecast and planning.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Supply Chain,
Statistics, or related discipline; OR 4 years of related experience
(in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6 years of relevant industry experience in Actuary,
Underwriting, Marketing or Sales/Service or Finance/Accounting
Operations or Financial Services.
- 2 years of product management, or similar strategic management
experience (similar experience includes direct support in managing
- 1 year of Data Visualization experience (i.e. Tableau).
- Advanced experience in creating product briefings.
- Experienced in market research to create product roadmap, make
product decisions and iterate rapidly.
- Knowledge of applicable product related regulations, and risk
and compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, and regulations to include:
FFIEC- Retail Payment Systems Handbook, Payment Rules (NACHA,
Zelle, etc.), Reg CC, Reg E, Reg DD.Preferred Qualifications:
- 3+ Years in a Bank Product Management role consisting of profit
and loss (P&L) responsibilities.
- 2+ Years' experience working with third party suppliers.
- 2+ Years' experience in utilizing data systems to visualize
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing product market or
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following: consumer and
corporate wires, and/or real time payment services, funds transfer,
connected accounts, internal bill pay, deposits
- Experience identifying user/product problems and/or
successfully evaluating a product's user impact.
- Knowledge of payments laws and regulations.The above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has an effective process for
assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this position
is: $97,200-$175,000*.Employees may be eligible for pay incentives
based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the
discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.*Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium will be
addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits:At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.Relocation assistance is not available for this
position.#fsbUSAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: USAA, Mansfield , Product Management Manager - Deposits & Payments, Accounting, Auditing , Mansfield, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!